CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

GRASS AND PAINT!!!

My sister Megan asked if she could have my kids for a couple days for a sleepover, and I was so nice and told her yes....during this time without kids, I really wasnt sure what to do with myself! So my mother in law said to start a project, and I did just that. I started in Marli's room, I bought the paint and really wasnt sure what my plan was at this point. Im still not sure what made me decide to try the stripes. I really like them and so do my kids, but they take A LONG time! Yes, I realize the date on the pictures is wrong. My camera dies so often that I dont care enough to reset the date every picture.....so sorry.....
Todd also finished the yard while the kids were gone! It is the best thing ever to finally have grass! We had a lot of guys from our ward show up to help and so did some of Todds brothers! Thanks guys.
This is my walmart deal! Im loving it!
Front yard
Back yard
Porter also wanted stripes after I said Marli's walls were striped, I just made his way thicker and only on one wall, instead of two! I loved the turnout! Now I need to find some cute bedding for both of their rooms!
Im so glad for these blogs! My mom and her side of the family pretty much never make it down our way, so we're happy they can see our house and things were doing this way!


16 comments:

Ashlee said...

They both turned out so cute!! I need to do the same thing here! We just have all white walls I hate them. But what colors is the hard part. Nice job though.

beck said...

I'm glad you are happy with all your hard work! The walls are super cute, it was so cute when I was at your house that day and Marli kept eyeing me, then finally came over to me and whispered, "Wanna see my pink bedroom?" So adorable! And also, congrats on the grass. Very exciting. Come visit me sometime!

Rich and Tyra said...

So cute! Painting sucks though! I would like to do something different again but I have no motivation to get painting. It is fun for like an hour and then it is not so much fun anymore....You did a good job though! Maybe you can come over to my house :0)

Julie M. said...

I LOVE the stripes! Painting does suck, but we can actually do it here! :) So what's the secret to straight, flawless lines? Do tell!

Mama Mia said...

Looks great! Love the stripes!I love the outside as well! I bet you can sit out on your darling chairs and injoy the backyard in the evenings!

Brynne said...

Looks like you did eventually change the date on your camera. I vow to help you find bedding now that I got your hopes up and all. sorry.

Kaylee said...

I love the stripes!! How did you get it so perfect, without any paint bleeding through onto the other color? Your yard looks great and what a perfect time to lay grass now that it has cooled off a bit.

Chemene said...

Hey Jade. This is Chemene Jacobson. I found your blog on Becky's so I though I would take a peek. Your children are adorable. I am the one from Wisconsin (on your map). Lance is in Medical school here, so I'm trying to keep in touch with everyone through blogs.

Chelsea said...

SO CUTE!!! love them both:)

Tami said...

I love the paint! Seriously, good job! I would never have attempted that. Your yard looks great! I love the patio set too. I was eying it at Walmart the other day myself. I bet you could find some bedding on Target.com or on Ebay. Next time I need some painting done, I know who to call!

Carrie said...

I love the stripes and the colors! I bet that took FOREVER but it's so dang cute!

Leslee said...

Your yard looks really nice. We decided to do some backyard changes this summer and it still isn't done so it's driving me nuts!

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

I love the stripes. So cute! The rest of your house looks great too!

Amy said...

JADE!!! I haven't looked at your blog for a while and I LOVE everything you've done!

I want to paint stripes! They look amazing. What lucky kids and lucky todd to have such a great mom and wife.

Amy W said...

I just got the pottery barn kids catalog, and there is some darling pink/brown bedding...so amazing.

PS emma says hi

Heather said...

K, I love the paint. It looks so cute. I have been thinking about doing a stripe around Aidan's room but am too big of a chicken, but I think you inspired me.